Recipe suggestions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally back for an update! Lots of soaping, lots of work, some basement flooding, you know, the usual stuff.

But I wanted to share a few pix and give thanks to all of the recommendations, but especially to @David James, whose recipe I used successfully 6 times (and one time unsuccessfully....stay tuned for a post on Rebatchapalooza aka Who wouldn't want 1.5 kg of guacamole soap??)

I did go with unscented, which ended up having lots of benefits:
1. not trying to please everyone;
2. keeping costs down;
3. no misbehaving FOs.

And the latter freedom allowed me to do some tiger stripes (some of the batters still thickened up more than intended due to the colorants) as well as a side pour that might have a name? I'm pretty sure I didn't invent the technique, but I'd never seen it anywhere so I don't know what it's called (I may be the only soaper who actually doesn't watch many soap videos).

Attachments

• school soap calc,png.png
    school soap calc,png.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Pink n purple.png
    Pink n purple.png
    1 MB · Views: 78
  • black and grey.jpg.png
    black and grey.jpg.png
    631.1 KB · Views: 43
  • blue and green.jpg.png
    blue and green.jpg.png
    629.3 KB · Views: 42
  • blues.jpg.png
    blues.jpg.png
    568.4 KB · Views: 40
  • peach & grey.jpg.png
    peach & grey.jpg.png
    541.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Greens.png
    Greens.png
    567.5 KB · Views: 44
  • with labels.png
    with labels.png
    715 KB · Views: 41
Those are beautiful!
Thanks! They were one of the best things in the graduates' gift bag, if I do say so myself. When my boy opened his bag, he said "Mommy, there's a soap in here! It looks like your "Cotton Candy" soap." The younger boy gave me a knowing look and I finally turned the soap over so they could see my business card. The younger one was in on it from the beginning, but the older one was pretty oblivious to me making 78 soaps, and printing 78 labels and ingredient lists and business cards on the printer next to him. I guess he noticed enough to name one of them "cotton candy" though...I never said that!

Finally back for an update! Lots of soaping, lots of work, some basement flooding, you know, the usual stuff.

But I wanted to share a few pix and give thanks to all of the recommendations, but especially to @David James, whose recipe I used successfully 6 times (and one time unsuccessfully....stay tuned for a post on Rebatchapalooza aka Who wouldn't want 1.5 kg of guacamole soap??)

2. keeping costs down;
3. no misbehaving FOs.

And the latter freedom allowed me to do some tiger stripes (some of the batters still thickened up more than intended due to the colorants) as well as a side pour that might have a name? I'm pretty sure I didn't invent the technique, but I'd never seen it anywhere so I don't know what it's called (I may be the only soaper who actually doesn't watch many soap videos).
They look awesome!

2. keeping costs down;
3. no misbehaving FOs.

They're all beautiful, but my favorites are the black & gray and blue & green. Did you make those with your "side pour"? If so, I'd love to know exactly how you did it. I want to try it at home too!

10 10 10.gif
Also, terrific job on the labels for the "cotton candy" soap!

Quick question: Just for comparison, why not make one more batch -- with fragrance? :nodding:
Try the MGM (for lack of a better name) Side Swirl with a fragrance. JMHO, the fine lines in that very attractive swirl requires thin soap more than the others.

Back