Recipe .. Maybe??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachgurl

Reaction score
I was hoping to bounce a prospective recipe off the wall. I'm finally starting to do my own :D How does this sound?

10% Castor
10% Avocado
35% Palm
25% Coconut
20% Olive

I ran it through some calcs and it looks great on paper; however, nothing substitutes for human input!

beachgurl said:
I was hoping to bounce a prospective recipe off the wall. I'm finally starting to do my own :D How does this sound?

10% Castor
10% Avocado
35% Palm
25% Coconut
20% Olive

I ran it through some calcs and it looks great on paper; however, nothing substitutes for human input!

Hi from s newbie....hope you don't mind input from a fairly novice soapmaker. I've made about 40 batches so far and your recipe looks pretty good. You have a nice proportion of hard oils and nice emollient soft oils.

I think it looks like a great recipe! :) The only tweak I would make is maybe down the castor by 5% and up the palm by 5%. You're gonna have lots of bubbles still and maybe a slightly harder bar.

You could also try dissolving about a tsp of sugar per pound of oils in a little water and adding that to your lye water. That would give you more luxurious bubbles.

Just a couple of thoughts. Great looking recipe! :)

Mike

Thank you so very much for the advice :D I love the luxurious bubbles; I have this bar of soap from South of France (that I'm trying like heck to emulate .. nice foamy lather, rich and moisturizing bubbles). Hopefully this will fit the bill :) Question though, do you think I could down the castor, up the palm and add the sugar, or will that be a little too much?

beachgurl said:
Thank you so very much for the advice :D I love the luxurious bubbles; I have this bar of soap from South of France (that I'm trying like heck to emulate .. nice foamy lather, rich and moisturizing bubbles). Hopefully this will fit the bill :) Question though, do you think I could down the castor, up the palm and add the sugar, or will that be a little too much?

I don't see a problem with that....it should work fine. You're only adding one additive....it just may gel a little warmer. And it should be a nice, luxuriously bubbling bar. :)

Latest posts

Back