Recipe in soapcalc

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaylenamari

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to soaping and ran my potential recipe through soapcalc. Can someone tell my final # qualities if this could be a recipe worth testing? Supperfatting at 5%
Hardness 29-52...........42
Cleansing 12-22...........16
Conditioning 42-69.......55
Bubbly 14-46.................22
Creamy 16-48...............31
Iodine 41-70..................66
INS 136-165.................140
Of course I'll add additives

Ditto what Susie and Shari said. The "Soap Qualities" output on SoapCalc can be very deceiving because there are certain input factors that they don't take into consideration. We can actually tell much more about a formula by the types and amounts of oils/fats you have in it.

The only time I pay much of any attention to the 'Soap Qualities" section is when I'm tweaking the recipe of a soap I've already made. That's when the true usefulness of those numbers really shines. For example, if I feel my finished soap's bubbly lather is a bit lacking, I'll type my formula back into SoapCalc and play around with my coconut/pko amounts to increase the bubbly lather %; or if my soap is too soft, I'll play around with the hard fats to increase the hardness %, etc...

IrishLass :)

Hey all, here's the recipe

Coconut oil 76 - 1.92oz
Palm kernel flakes - 1.92oz
Palm oil - 3.2oz
Olive oil - 2.4
Rice bran oil - 2.4
Sunflower oil - 1.6oz
Shea butter- 1.6oz
Castor oil - .96

Tussah silk
Colloidal oats