Recipe help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val’s5

soapingmomma
Reaction score
Hello everyone 🤓. Quick question for yall, ok so Id love to give this recipe a try ( have tons of safflower oil on hand). However, when it comes to liquid, I notice it reads 33% AND 1:1 ratio. Im a bit confused as 33% is 2:1 W:L. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ty! 🙂

Attachments

• F82340FD-D7BA-4C0D-AFF7-5FD5E2FB7DEC.png
    F82340FD-D7BA-4C0D-AFF7-5FD5E2FB7DEC.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
The 1:1 must be a glitch. Try running the recipe again and if it still shows wrong, send in a report.
Your actual water and lye amount are the correct ratio

Thanks, I cant seem to find the author of this recipe in the database. Anyway, she seema to have recipes with safflower oils- if you click on her other recipes they read the same.

Ok, will roll with the 33%.

Thanks again đź‘Ť

The recipe image you have provided shows a number in the master batch, as well as an amount for liquid required ... this means that the liquid was combined from two sources - the masterbatch lye solution and some other liquid, giving the total to 33%.
It does appear that the program has ignored a portion of the liquid (@Prysm I suggest that the masterbatch lye solution is where the liquid portion is not being included in the calculation).

Exactly as Obsidian has said ... using 33% lye concentration will give you the same amount of liquid as the recipe you are following :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back