recipe feedback pls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winusuren

Reaction score
Hi.. As I love experimenting I would like to try the following recipe. I've already made a 100% coconut oil soap with 20% superfat and love it. As it dissolves very quickly, I came up with the following recipe. I wanted to try a soap batch using only cold pressed(not chemically treated) oils and then decided to add soy wax too as it makes the bar long lasting. Is a superfat of 12% ok for this recipe or should I go higher? Kindly share your suggestions...

Attachments

• recipe.jpg
    recipe.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 0
I have not experimented too radically with super fat, so don’t have much insight to offer with anything higher than 6%. However, here’s a thread I found on this forum that might be helpful:
“Deciding on super fat level”

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/deciding-on-superfat-level.46939/
I also did a quick internet search and read through the relevant sections of my soapmaking books (“Scientific Soapmaking” by Kevin Dunn, “Soap Crafting” by Anne-Marie Faiola, and “Milk Soaps” also by Anne Marie.) It appears that choosing a super fat is fairly subjective and requires a bit of trial and error. So all I can suggest is that you make a test batch of your recipe with your proposed 12% SF and see how you like it. I am sure members who are more knowledgeable and experienced than myself will have more to offer.

Latest posts

Back