Recipe failure?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some leftover soap from a batch I made yesterday. This bit didn't gel and is still on the soft side.

82368030-CFC6-4B1C-AC3F-71596B4B979B.jpeg

Not all soap recipes are created equal, and patience is a virtue with soap making. This isn't a recipe failure but a failure to give the soap the time it needs to harden and unmould cleanly. Soap has its own timeline, which will differ between recipes and sometimes between batches of the same recipe. Sometimes just when I look at it the wrong way. You can either just wait and let it do it's thing until it's ready, or you can freeze it for a few hours (after it has hardened) to speed up the unmoulding

Not all soap recipes are created equal, and patience is a virtue with soap making. This isn't a recipe failure but a failure to give the soap the time it needs to harden and unmould cleanly. Soap has its own timeline, which will differ between recipes and sometimes between batches of the same recipe. Sometimes just when I look at it the wrong way. You can either just wait and let it do it's thing until it's ready, or you can freeze it for a few hours (after it has hardened) to speed up the unmoulding
Yes you are right. I am out of PKF and had to use PKO instead. Then I adjusted the recipe to match what I had on hand. I have been laid off because of the virus and ran out of PKF but now that I am back to work, I will be able to purchases what I need and can return to my favorite recipe.

Latest posts

Back