Recipe check

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys hope you are having a happy soaping day. Meant to try a coconut milk soap my brother been asking me for a while. He loves coconut. Does this recipe look okay? Don’t want any surprises, should I do a cold process or hot process with this recipe? Is there anything to add or leave out or if you have a personal preference please feel free to say. Trying to construct my own recipes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 16
Personally I would up the palm oil to 35-40%, eliminate the Canola unless it's high oleic, up the castor to 5%, add the difference to your olive oil. I don't use any oil less than 10% with the exception of Castor at 5% You should be weighing your fragrances. Tsp is not reliable nor consistent. Also, coconut fragrances don't stick in CP generally. And have a tendency to morph to a kind of plastic smell in my experience.

Personally I would up the palm oil to 35-40%, eliminate the Canola unless it's high oleic, up the castor to 5%, add the difference to your olive oil. I don't use any oil less than 10% with the exception of Castor at 5% You should be weighing your fragrances. Tsp is not reliable nor consistent. Also, coconut fragrances don't stick in CP generally. And have a tendency to morph to a kind of plastic smell in my experience.
Thank you so much for your feedback. Will consider.

Back