Recipe check?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
llu9jED.png

Wanted to try something a little different, since I have some Avocado oil and mango butter and a tub of lard I need to use up. What are y'all's thoughts?

I'd try it! Long lasting, hard bar with a good amount of dense lather and a few fluffy bubbles ... and a good way to use up some odds and ends. Only thing I'd do different is soap with 30% lye concentration rather than 28%, but that's picking nits.

I'd try it! Long lasting, hard bar with a good amount of dense lather and a few fluffy bubbles ... and a good way to use up some odds and ends. Only thing I'd do different is soap with 30% lye concentration rather than 28%, but that's picking nits.

Thanks! I'm still working up the courage to start cutting back on my water (plus, I like to gel my soap, it pleases me), but perhaps one day when I am more confident in my skills I'll do some different things like trimming the water a bit.

I'd be down with that recipe too but it just feels weird not to use any castor! Only batch I've ever made without castor oil was a castile batch and it definitely wasn't my favorite. I'd also drop the SF to 5% because I have hard water, more than enough soap scum to contend with and I'm a lather freak. I kinda worry about the butter content killing your suds without castor to balance things but I could be wrong . . . I've definitely been wrong before.

Well, I've used castor a couple of times, but I can't really tell the difference between the bars with and the bars without so I'm willing to risk it without.

Latest posts

Back