Recent FO trials

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugeauxgirl

Reaction score
Most of these are from WSP

I tried two cranberry fragrances from WSP this season. Very Merry Cranberry was lovely and is still strong at 3 months. It slowed trace.

Cranberry was not. I didn't like the fragrance (no one among my family and friends likes it)

Orange patchouli from NS is wonderful and doesn't seem to be fading, though it hasn't been curing long.

Japanese Cherry Blossom from WSP lasts a long time and smells great.

Kentish Rain is a great fresh scent that lasts a long time- slightly masculine.

Fresh Bamboo lasts a long time and is very fresh but slightly floral. I can smell lilies in it.

Mediterranean fig is much more floral than the name suggests, but very popular with even less girly friends. Very strong. Next time I make it I'm going to cut back on the scent.

Black salt and Cypress- lasts a good while, but is definitely stronger in HP. Lots of girls like this one too.

Blackberry magnolia is slightly floral, but holds well and smells good.

Irish spring- smells good and strong even with the low usage rate. I don't know how long it lasts, because I can't keep it.

Oatmeal and honey original from WSP- still fragrant after a year. Does discolor.

Lavender chamomile lasts much better in HP for me, but smells good. Not particularly like lavender but I don't love lavender so that's fine.

Spa tonic- lovely light fragrance. Unfortunately too light for me, but better in HP.

Black Amber musk- okay guy fragrance. Nobody hated it, but nobody loved it either.

Lemongrass green tea. Didn't smell like either. Didn't like it, though a few people did. Won't buy again.

Meyer lemon was better than freshly zested lemon but just made it so I don't know how it will stick.

Eucalyptus spearmint- sticks well, most popular fragrance with my friends, but rices in CP.

Bayberry- stinks. We all hate it. It isn't fading unfortunately.

Peppermint stick. Very strong, but some of us smelled a slightly chemical note in it. For the second batch I didn't have enough so added a little less than half peppermint eo, and that combo was amazing.

Frosted eucalyptus- didn't smell good, and discolored yellow.

8th and ocean by NS smells AMAZING and @Mobjack Bay says it lasts. Yay! Youngest son says it smells like shampoo and he wants a bar.

Olive- sticks well. Smells herbal and floral and kind of old fashioned. Not like an olive though.

Holiday berry is a lovely berry scent. It's not too sweet. The scent is strong at 3 months, but they're all gone now. I'm going to keep this one around all year.

Very merry Cranberry is a definite winner! I mix it with an orange and clove fragrance for my cranberry orange and it is a best seller for me!

Lavender Chamomile is very Chamomile forward. I can barely smell the lavender in it, but it's a good seller as well.

I'm surprised you got olive to work for you! That accelerated my soap like crazy! To be fair I was making a salt soap, but it wasn't even salvageable it accelerated so fast.

Very merry Cranberry is a definite winner! I mix it with an orange and clove fragrance for my cranberry orange and it is a best seller for me!

Lavender Chamomile is very Chamomile forward. I can barely smell the lavender in it, but it's a good seller as well.

I'm surprised you got olive to work for you! That accelerated my soap like crazy! To be fair I was making a salt soap, but it wasn't even salvageable it accelerated so fast.
I appreciate the heads-up. I made "Olive" HP, so I didn't know it didn't behave well.

I appreciate the heads-up. I made "Olive" HP, so I didn't know it didn't behave well.
I figured it had to be HP.
When I had ordered the fragrance the description didn't mention acceleration (or I didn't notice), nor did the reviews but when I went to double check after I had my disaster, sure enough it said severe acceleration!

Latest posts

Back