Rebatching With Milk....THANK YOU!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInPdx

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for the rebatching with milk tip. I had an ugly batch of Green Irish Tweed that gelled too hot, and I rebatched it tonight. It came out almost as nice and creamy as cold process! :)

I don't think I will be going back to water! Thanks again! :)

I'm curious to know how much milk you used and for how much soap. I think we are all in search of the 'best' method of rebatching and would love to know how pourable yours was and the amounts you used. Pic's are alway popular as well :D !!

I used about 4 ounces to 1 lb of soap and then nuked it on medium until it was soft.

It wasn't precisely pourable but it was very smooth and easy to spoon into the molds. The tops also smoothed out beautifully.

:)

Mike, what the heck are you doing soaping? According to my truck's readout, it was 106 yesterday and 102 today on my way home from work, and I only live about 40 miles south of you! There's no soap recipe in the world, let alone a rebatch, good enough to make me want to soap in weather like this!

happyday said:
Mike, what the heck are you doing soaping? According to my truck's readout, it was 106 yesterday and 102 today on my way home from work, and I only live about 40 miles south of you! There's no soap recipe in the world, let alone a rebatch, good enough to make me want to soap in weather like this!

:lol: Well...I got fidgety. Last night, I got about one hour total of sleep due to the house being so hot. I was so wiped out that I took a personal day to just rest up.

I rested most of the day, and then this evening, I felt like I had to do something.....so I shredded up my batch, nuked it and fixed it. It was sitting there....just fugly, and I couldn't stand it anymore. :)

Latest posts

Back