Rebatching to make soft shaving cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaper987

Reaction score
I tested out a new recipe and it turned out a little softer than I would have liked and I was thinking about reusing it in a soft soap shaving cream. Has anyone done anything like this before? If so how did it work out for you and how did you do it? I was thinking of melting it down with some cocoa butter and a few carrier oils to make a creamy shaving soap.

What would make it a shaving cream?
I made it already and it worked really well as a creamy shaving soap. I mixed cocoa butter, coconut oil, and a little avocado oil in with the melted soap and a little distilled water. After I melted them all down and combined them i let them cool in the fridge for a few hours and then whipped them until they were nice and fluffy and it worked amazing! It had a very similar consistency to shaving cream from a can.

I made it already and it worked really well as a creamy shaving soap. I mixed cocoa butter, coconut oil, and a little avocado oil in with the melted soap and a little distilled water. After I melted them all down and combined them i let them cool in the fridge for a few hours and then whipped them until they were nice and fluffy and it worked amazing! It had a very similar consistency to shaving cream from a can.
I can't quite picture it. Is it a hard soap that works up a shaving cream lather? So CB, AO, and CO are basically additional SF to your rebatch? Is that correct? That's awesome if it works for you!!!

Back