Rebatching Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not entirely new to soap making, I've been making it for myself, friends, and family for a few years but yesterday I was distracted with trying to keep my foster dog out of the kitchen and I forgot to add 16 oz of oil to my recipe. I didn't realize it until I had put it in the molds and gotten in the shower when suddenly it hit me that I forgot that olive oil!

Now I know I can rebatch it but I don't have a crock pot so could I just melt it down and mix in the oils till it's incorporated and then just pour it back in the molds without cooking it all the way? I just worry if I put it in a pot on the stove to try and cook it down I will end up burning it.

If you wanna try the microwave, it's very quick... Best when the soap is shredded really small, and you'll have to do it in not too long bursts on a lower heat setting, while watching it closely, to hopefully prevent burning.

I make it sound like a pain but it really isn't lol but I think "pretty" results are a little difficult and you'll have to mold really fast once the heat is off.

Or use a double boiler, if that's not what you originally meant? Haha

If you wanna try the microwave, it's very quick... Best when the soap is shredded really small, and you'll have to do it in not too long bursts on a lower heat setting, while watching it closely, to hopefully prevent burning.

I make it sound like a pain but it really isn't lol but I think "pretty" results are a little difficult and you'll have to mold really fast once the heat is off.

Or use a double boiler, if that's not what you originally meant? Haha
Pretty it won't be because I used a layered black and orange pattern so it's going to look like concrete when it's mixed together.
Thanks I will see what I can do. If it fails well it won't be the first time.

Latest posts

Back