Rebatching question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happysoap

Reaction score
I fully expect the answer to my question be NO but still I always think someone somewhere outhere has figured something new and might be willing to share...

Is there a rebatch method without a lot of heat? Like soaking the shreads in warm water? The thing is that I have about 2.5 lbs od soap with lye pockets that I need to rebatch. It is scented with EOs that have a flash point at about 100degrees. I am also out of those EOs at the moment and I need the soap in about three months time. If there is a way to save my EOs I would love to try it. My alternative is to make confetty soap with half shreads half new soap and barely enough EOs for this. Any ideas?

The only thing I can suggest is pre-heat your oven to 100 degrees, if it will go that low, then put the shreds in there with a little water in a covered dish. Shred your soap as finely as possible so it spends as little time in the oven as possible. I would try this with a small amount of shreds to see if it would work. I think crock pots are going to get above 100 degrees.

Honestly, though, I think you're going to have to go with the confetti soap idea. Shred the soap really fine, use full water and you should be able to use a high percentage of shreds vs new soap.

i think you withheld some vital info to get a better answer on your situation, such as : " how old is the batch in question? - what is the scent that you used as well as the reason for wanting to re-batch. and last but not least , is how big a batch it is" ........ all of these question better helps to get an over-view of what method of re-batch is best suited to help maintain your scent . If it is say a 1lb or 2lb batch then you may be able to use the "double plastic ziplock bag" method of re-batching and still hold on to some of your scent . and depending on the components of your scent you may be able to add something to it to cheat or boost it up a weee bit .

i think you withheld some vital info to get a better answer on your situation, such as : " how old is the batch in question? - what is the scent that you used as well as the reason for wanting to re-batch. and last but not least , is how big a batch it is" ........ all of these question better helps to get an over-view of what method of re-batch is best suited to help maintain your scent . If it is say a 1lb or 2lb batch then you may be able to use the "double plastic ziplock bag" method of re-batching and still hold on to some of your scent . and depending on the components of your scent you may be able to add something to it to cheat or boost it up a weee bit .

From her post it looks like 2.5 lbs that have lye pockets.

I am just going with confetty soap idea. I cant risk the heat with the EOs. And the last time I tried the ziplock bag method the bag melted. I will just play it safe with this one. Thanks guys !

Back