Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calamityhannah

Reaction score
Hi, I recently made some soap and used too much castor oil and ended up with a sticky soap. I want to rebatch it and am not sure how to go about it.
Can I make a completely new soap and go about the regular rebatching process (grating it, adding water, etc) for both soaps? By both soaps I mean grate both and then mix the gratings together when I melt it down to create one soap? Do you think this will help the stickiness from the other soap?
Thanks!

Yes- you can do that. And yes- I see no reason why it wouldn't help. And if your two batches are under a week old, you might not even need to add any extra water to the gratings except for a couple of spritzes from a spray bottle as they are melting if things look too dry.

IrishLass :)

Yes- you can do that. And yes- I see no reason why it wouldn't help. And if your two batches are under a week old, you might not even need to add any extra water to the gratings except for a couple of spritzes from a spray bottle as they are melting if things look too dry.

IrishLass :)
Thank you so much :)

Back