Rebatching - might be dumb question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garland68

Reaction score
Since I am sort of new to soaping I have a question about rebatching.

What benefit do you get out of rebatching? Does it change the qualities of the soap? Does it lower the pH?

I do understand why you would need to rebatch a CP gone wrong. But I just want to understand why you would do it other wise.

I am hoping for a "changes the quality" since I really would like to create facial soap that is gentle:)

Thanks!

Yes rebatching is primarily used for fixing a batch of cp soap gone bad. I rebatch personally because I have small touchy children and do not have the space nor time to devote to the great art of cp making. Yes its quite a bit of work since I rebatch over 15 pounds of soap sometimes at once and some over time. It gives me the feeling of "making" soap because I'm cooking it and adding other things to make it something special. As far as benefits I've heard people say rebatching makes the bar harder and last longer. My soaps last quite a bit with five people in the house! I hope that ansers your question.

Rebatching will extend your essential oils as well. CP will "cook" some of the oils out and you need quite a bit more than if you rebatch. If your using expensive oils, less would be a big bonus. :D

Back