HP Rebatch vegetable oil soap i need some answers to some questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, how are you all
I hope everyone is doing well

I've saw a thread that I need milk to melt the soap cant I not use milk instead I use tallow oil but tallow oil will need saponification?right

Cant I do it without anything just the soap what's the disadvantage of it

Thanks

Just because the thread stated that you have to use milk, doesn't make it so. You can use water to re-batch.
Agreed. I used milk once for rebatch; never again! It smelled terrible within a week, probably because the milk didn't go through the saponification process when the original soap was made. Now I use water or glycerin, or a combination of those.

But the thread said I have to use milk instead of water
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/oven-rebatch-cp.77457/
and cant I do it without adding water or milk and melt it what will happen and does rebatching decreases quality of the soap
Regardless what someone else does, you *can* use water. If someone made an all veg oil soap in order to be vegan, they can't use milk.

If it's fairly fresh, you can grate it and try melting without added liquid, but it's unlikely to work well. You don't need a lot, but some with make it smoother and easier to remold. Rebatched soaps are still soap, they work like any other. I don't like the look as well, so avoid it whenever I can. 🙂

Latest posts

Back