Rebatch salt bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisySoap

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to rebatch a salt bar and get good nice looking bars? Or I should just throw it away and make another one?
I waited too long before cutting my salt soap and it broke apart while cutting.
Thanks.

You can put them in a big bag and use a hammer or meat tenderizer to smash them up into smaller bits. Then melt it all down in microwave them or crockpot, or on the stovetop. Pour into cavity molds and you won't need to worry about cut time. ;)

Thanks for the advice. Would they look decent enough for sale or they would have air gaps and be crumbled looking?
I'm asking because I saw a couple of you tube videos of people rebatching salt bars but the bars didn't look right. Any advice on how to do it so it looks better?

Rebatch is always rough looking. I'd break it into small pieces and add to a new batch of soap. You would have to use cavity molds so not to cut through the chunks.

Thanks for the advice. Would you mind explaining how does this work?
Should I just make a totally new batch of cp salt and mix the old crumbles with the batter and then pour into mold?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back