Rebatch gone wrong?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chksdtr

Reaction score
I just made my first rebatch soap and well, that didn't work out so well. Two days later and the soap is still real soft on the bottom and center (using a wooden loaf mold). Can I do it again, cook some of the moisture out even though I have already added additional oil (coconut) and Lavender?

I had used the crockpot method and was pretty glad when it turned to mashed potato texture and all that, but I didnt think it would take that long to harden.....it is a two pound mold, but I only did one pound, I figured start small when testing!

How much liquid did you add? Sounds like you added too much. You could try to wait it out, it may eventually harden. Or you can use it for laundry soap.

Well, I used a little less that half a cup of milk, then after that when it was ready to pour, I added a teaspoon of Coconut Oil and 4 drops of Lavender EO. Laundry soap, there is a good idea! :D

That sounds like quite a bit of liquid to me. I only use a few TBS when I rebatch. Give it time, it just may harden up. It will take a bit though and it may never get really hard but it still should be O.K. for personal use.

:oops:
Oh well, live and learn! First rebatch try....next one will be better because now I know, not too much liquid!!!

I make rebatch all the time and I only add a few tbs of distilled water to a one pound batch.But even though you added too much liquid you can rebatch again and allow the liquid to dry up.

Latest posts

Back