Rebatch freshly made cold processed soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my recipe was
300 gms coconut oil
300 gms ricebran oil
300 gms sunflower oil
100 gms castor oil
300 gms aloe vera pulp liquidized and strained instead of water
146 gms sodium hydroxide
55gms papaya pulp
2 teasps turmeric powder mixed in oil
zinc oxide
and mogra FO
after pouring in mold and after 2 hours i saw that oil had leaked out on the top of the soap. i would like to know why this happened and now how to rebatch this soap. Thanx

A picture would help us to see how much liquid is leaking out. If it is just drops of liquid, then it might be FO sweat. I would wait to see if it is reabsorbed back into the soap.

Am sending pics as you asked. There was more oil almost 50_70 gms which I had already removed before joining this forum. However a few drops still remain. Pl advice

Attachments

• 20200924_192133.jpg
    20200924_192133.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200924_192107.jpg
    20200924_192107.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200924_192052.jpg
    20200924_192052.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 32
yeah, that needs rebatched. It overheated and separated.

Dump all of it in a crock pot, including the oil you removed. Heat and stir until it comes back together.
It will be thick, like mashed potatoes. Spoon it back into the mold, banging the mold periodically to help prevent large air pockets.

Once its cooled complety, you can unmold and cut.

yeah, that needs rebatched. It overheated and separated.

Dump all of it in a crock pot, including the oil you removed. Heat and stir until it comes back together.
It will be thick, like mashed potatoes. Spoon it back into the mold, banging the mold periodically to help prevent large air pockets.

Once its cooled complety, you can unmold and cut.
I donot have a crockpot and my microwave is not working, how else should I cook it again

I would try it without water for now but if it seems too dry, add a little at a time, you don't want it runny.
Thanx

As I went to unfold the soap yo rebatch I found that it had solidified a bit in the mold, so should I still rebatch it or keep it for a while, maybe in the freezer and see if it maintains it shape or should I just rebatch it.

Waiting for your reply

Latest posts

Back