Reasonably priced sources for jars / bottles / etc?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use WSP for plastic bottles/jars, and mostly various sizes of locally available mason jars (with dispenser lids) for whatever can be stored in glass.

I use McKernan.
A few things to know:
They have a $500 minimum order
You must order samples before you can purchase since they are sold by the case.
If you have a Fed Ex or UPS account you can use that instead of their shipping.
You must call them and set up an account with a Rep.
You will also need to call them for pricing on the items you are looking to purchase.
www.mckernan.com
Hope that helps

I use McKernan.
A few things to know:
They have a $500 minimum order
You must order samples before you can purchase since they are sold by the case.
If you have a Fed Ex or UPS account you can use that instead of their shipping.
You must call them and set up an account with a Rep.
You will also need to call them for pricing on the items you are looking to purchase.
www.mckernan.com
Hope that helps

They lost my business when they didn't return 2 emails.
Can't be bothered with chasing anyone.
They used to be Super fast at responding back in 2003 and that was why I tried to contact them again.

Also stinks to have to ASK for prices.

Are there any Canadian packaging suppliers that are good prices and/or sipping? I have paid through the nose for product and am getting a bit discouraged. Last try was for two (1 gallon) containers to mix base. The total was $13.49 usd and they wanted $55.00 usd shipping. I get they are a bit large, but not heavy. sigh. Cancelled. The Canadian companies I have tried do not have much for inventory. (Voyageur, Candora, Windy Point, Blue Saffire, New Directions....)

Maybe contacting one of the larger artisan sellers in your area and asking them where they do their purchasing might give your better results? Maybe Ariane Arsenault, or example? She sells B&B products as well as soap and she seems very nice and friendly on her youtube videos.

Are there any Canadian packaging suppliers that are good prices and/or sipping? I have paid through the nose for product and am getting a bit discouraged. Last try was for two (1 gallon) containers to mix base. The total was $13.49 usd and they wanted $55.00 usd shipping. I get they are a bit large, but not heavy. sigh. Cancelled. The Canadian companies I have tried do not have much for inventory. (Voyageur, Candora, Windy Point, Blue Saffire, New Directions....)

They lost my business when they didn't return 2 emails.
Can't be bothered with chasing anyone.
They used to be Super fast at responding back in 2003 and that was why I tried to contact them again.

Also stinks to have to ASK for prices.
That stinks!
I would ask for a new rep personally if they weren't getting back with you.
Calling for pricing doesn't bother me. I figure it's just part of doing business.
I have been known to order a few things from other vendors when I don't plan accordingly and get in a jam, but I usually cringe at the prices, knowing if I had paid attention I wouldn't be in the predicament.
I chalk up the higher pricing to a convenience charge.

I did not email the rep I had before, it was I think the main email for asking about pricing. I am sure the rep I had is gone since I last used them.

Sorry, I have not been online for a couple of days. I liked Container and Packaging because they have great customer service and I can order any amount. No $500 minimums. I found them because I was looking at another vendor and since I was ordering smaller orders they recommended Container and Packaging and I have been using them ever since. Oh here is my invoice. I ordered 260 units (lids and jars are ordered separately) and 2 packages of shrink wrap for $72 and shipping was $29 for UPS Ground. I ordered 1 and 2 oz jars of varying designs. Basically 130 jars and 2 packages of shrink wrap. So with shipping I got my jars for about 65 cents each.

SKS-Bottle and Berlin Packaging are nice because they offer free shipping when you spend $250. Fillmore Containers is super inexpensive, but do not often have what I want.

SKS was having some sort of service glitch last year, but I recently ordered and everything went well!

SKS is not bad but their shipping is not cheap (the OP was about small quantities as I understand).
For personal use I also have some travel bottle kind of bottles which are really nice and easy to clean. You can get those on Amazon (and probably larger supermarkets).

I haven't been successful finding a "one-stop" shop. I have to keep my pricing as low as possible for a particular customer so I usually have to buy lids in one place and jars in another. These are some of the places I have purchased from or looked into:
SKS
Burch Bottle & Packaging
Container and Packaging
Fillmore Container
Packaging Support Group (PSG)
Specialty Bottle
Berlin Packaging
The Cary Company
General Bottle Supply
US Plastic
Bulk Apothecary

I have also found "favor" containers at Oriental Trading Company
https://www.orientaltrading.com/par...-containers/favor-containers-a1-553183-1.fltr

I feel like I have looked at every possible company on this planet, LOL – but these companies stood out as reasonably priced. I am also sure I missed a couple but this should give you some options!

Might any of you be interested in splitting an order?
The problem with splitting an order is whatever you pay for shipping is split then the cost of shipping to the other person is added on. :eek:

For "one-stop shopping", I'd vote for WSP. I did business with them for years. Once you spend $500 over a 12-month period you get rewards, discount on various products, and a % off with every order. The free shipping makes it easy to price each item too. I don't much care for their FOs though. They have a lot -- over 600 the last time I checked. They do have a good assortment of containers. Prices are good. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back