Really?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my latest order from WSP the other day, minus my free color sample. I sent an email, to let them know. I got a quick response, and they said it would be sent. Today I got this. A bit of packaging overkill. I hate packing peanuts.

IMG_20160113_161155231_HDR.jpg

Oh for pity's sake!!! Who did that and what were they thinking? Do they not have envelopes at WSP? I hate wasteful packaging and there are times I won't buy from a merchant who packages so excessively. I'm not sure what the thinking behind it is.

Wow just wow haha!
But I hope it's those environmentally friendly ones. They are made of wheat and you can just melt them in the water or throw into compost.
But still, it's just crazy.

Oooohhh! I hate WSP packaging. It's like my cats KNOW it's a WSP box... they gather around me, anxiously waiting for me to empty the box so they can dive into the glorious peanuts. My last order, I thought I had things under control and had my 8 year old "take it out to the garbage". She knows the cats love the peanuts, so she took the box to the living room... peanuts were every where by the time I discovered it. So many other companies manage with brown wrapping, air bubble bags... why can't they? I think WSP (when they get a handle on the customer service) should take a look at their shipping department.

Of course, I'm also opinionated. I had very definite ideas about raising children... until I had them. :S

My two most important sources of consumer and environmental guilt: packaging and sparkling mineral water Gerolsteiner Sprudel. Sadly, our single-stream trash/recycling company does not take cardboard even if taken apart and flattened. I'm now composting the wheat/rice noodles (a little difficult when the heap is frozen and they blow all over even with fresh heaps of leaves) but still have oodles of old noodles that are not compostable. These I've thrown in pillowcases to put under warm, multilayered cat shelters for our two ferals who sleep in the sheds.

Why, oh why, do suppliers overpackage to the extent they do? A 3 oz. bottle of hair restorer from Amazon came in a 6x10" box full of peanuts. A tiny order of nose and ear studs in a box waaaayyyyy too large, the whole order could have been sent in a regular envelope. I order almost everything I need online, being way out in the boonies, and cringe every time I unpack a box :( What can we do?

Last edited:
What in the..... WHAT??? Seriously, that's so STUPID. I can only imagine a person on the packing line, trying to save time by partially filling a box with peanuts, then here comes the item..... "Oh well, I'll just throw it in this box and hurry to the next order." The big box, all the peanuts, the generated shipping label ~ all for a FREE item! I bet upper management would not be happy with this person. Talk about mis-management of packaging supplies. If it were me, I'd be furious!

USPS flat rate envelope.
Is that too simple and easy?!?

Just askin'. The idea of pillow cases stuffed with the foam peanuts and tucked in a sheltered corner would just attract stinkin' possums here. They'll run Little Cat off to steal her food.

That's beyond silly. If that box showed up, I'd be so excited thinking maybe they sent me an additional freebie. Then I'd be super disappointed and annoyed at the waste. Though, I guess they did send you a freebie in the form of packing peanuts. :(

Glad I'm not the only one to be annoyed at WSP. I don't get free shipping being in Hawaii and the last order I received used really heavy compacted foam to package a dozen 4 oz FO bottles, making the shipping $41 because the packaging alone weighed more than a pound!

And the worst thing is that they will not tell you how much shipping is before you order. For this reason I am only ordering once a year from them when the sale is on. I ordered 4 x 1 lb bottles this time and the shipping was $35 :sick:

Sympathy please :cry:

Glad I'm not the only one to be annoyed at WSP. I don't get free shipping being in Hawaii and the last order I received used really heavy compacted foam to package a dozen 4 oz FO bottles, making the shipping $41 because the packaging alone weighed more than a pound!

And the worst thing is that they will not tell you how much shipping is before you order. For this reason I am only ordering once a year from them when the sale is on. I ordered 4 x 1 lb bottles this time and the shipping was $35 :sick:

Sympathy please :cry:

You get sympathy for exorbitant shipping costs, but I'll temper with a teeny bit of snark since you do live in a tropical paradise. At least you can console yourself sipping on an umbrella dotted frosty drink while walking along the beach. ;)

You get sympathy for exorbitant shipping costs, but I'll temper with a teeny bit of snark since you do live in a tropical paradise. At least you can console yourself sipping on an umbrella dotted frosty drink while walking along the beach. ;)

LOL - see that's just a cliche! I haven't been to the beach for months as I'm stuck up the mountain with no car. And it's really really cold at night in the winter - under 60F right now. Brrrrr.

Last edited:
Uh-huh...been to Maui, it is cool at night all the time. Gorgeous, lusciously scented cool night air. Gorgeous, lovely warm days with rainbows all the time. Whale migration season. My heart bleeds for you.

Seriously, though, the prices are outrageous, especially the shipping.

Uh-huh...been to Maui, it is cool at night all the time. Gorgeous, lusciously scented cool night air. Gorgeous, lovely warm days with rainbows all the time. Whale migration season. My heart bleeds for you.

Seriously, though, the prices are outrageous, especially the shipping.

He he. I know how lucky I am really :) It is beautiful and fragrant here and no matter where I go I always can't wait to get back.

Last edited:
Back