Really Needing the Power of Prayers Again

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My, love of my life 9 yr old granddaughter is really sick. She has come down with the lung infection that is killing children and the doc told us we need to get her through the next 24 hrs. He hit it hard with an strong antibiotic and an inhaler but I took her a nebulizer tonight and she was able to get up a lot of yuck. I have to really question why her doctor did not order a nebulizer, which really work better than inhalers. My oldest daughter is a severe asthmatic and has been since age five so I have gone through many cases of pneumonia and infections.

After Autumn used the nebulizer and was able to cough up the yuckies she said her chest felt better. Of course she is a long way from well but at least she could breathe better.

Lifting her up in prayer! It's a good thing she has a wise grandma like yourself watching her back.

IrishLass :)

My, love of my life 9 yr old granddaughter is really sick. She has come down with the lung infection that is killing children and the doc told us we need to get her through the next 24 hrs. He hit it hard with an strong antibiotic and an inhaler but I took her a nebulizer tonight and she was able to get up a lot of yuck. I have to really question why her doctor did not order a nebulizer, which really work better than inhalers. My oldest daughter is a severe asthmatic and has been since age five so I have gone through many cases of pneumonia and infections.

After Autumn used the nebulizer and was able to cough up the yuckies she said her chest felt better. Of course she is a long way from well but at least she could breathe better.

When I was a kid and had bronchitis my grandad did the same for me while I was staying home from school sick with it. He was always an asthmatic and used his nebulizer regularly. "Here, breathe on this". I couldn't have been any older than 10 myself. She'll remember that help years from now.

Prayers for your grandbaby!

All I need is You, Lord

5 min 49 sec -- Live, 2012, Miami, American Airlines Arena

Sending best wishes to you and your granddaughter. Please keep us updated on her health.

Eta: my symbols aren't working, but there are supposed to be love elephants in that post. Sending lots of love elephants your way.

Last edited:
I hope she will get well, I am the one who was suffering so much with asthma , each time I had bounced back, I am sending good vibes :)

Praying!

They do a stepped approach to treating those illnesses, start with the inhaler, if more is needed, add the nebulizer.
I know they do, but she was not doing well with using the inhaler properly. The nebulizer helped her cough up the gunk. She is much better now and returning to school on Monday. Thankyou everyone for the prayers, this is a frightening thing going around here

I would have posted sooner but I just got out of the hospital :-( Apparently while at market Wed I became totally confused so my daughter drove out to pick me up and take me to emergency. My hubby told me I became very nervous when we had a blowout on the freeway, that I remember but do not remember setting up my booth although I did, and sold a couple of items. Funny I remember running the credit card, but not selling anything. Apparently my blood pressure spiked quite high and so did my blood sugar. Neither of these have ever been an issue for me, in fact my BP is usually a bit low. Scary how fast things can happen. I am trying to talk my hubby into letting me go to market tonight...

Just saw this.
Prayers have started from here and will continue.
Not being able to breathe is no fun. Keep helping her as best as you can. You know her much better than the doctor does.
The Great Physician knows her better than you do.

Back