Ready or Not

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shopping done
Gifts mostly wrapped
House almost clean
Cookies done
Food purchased
2 pumpkin rolls to go then done

Need to pack to visit grandkids and daughter the day after Christmas

EXHAUSTED

It's 2:00 in the morning here and I just got done wrapping presents (at least most of them anyway), I also made egg nog this evening, as well as the cashew dip for the fruit platter I'll be bringing to my sis's tomorrow evening, and made 2 body butters for my sis. Tomorrow when I get up (later) in the morning, I need to strain my gallon of cold-brew chai, make the devilled eggs, and do some last minute wrapping before we pack up and make the trek out to my sis's.

I'm sure glad that the Christmas celebrations are at her house, because mine looks like a tornado hit it! lol

IrishLass :)

Decorations Out: done
Christmas Cards: decided I'm the last person that sends them in America. Send soap instead. Done.
Presents Wrapped: done
Presents Mailed to Out of Town people: done
Cookies Made: done
Cookies Partially Eaten (One must ensure quality): done
More Cookies Made: done
House Cleaned: done
Family Picked Up From Airport (Round one): done
House Recleaned Following 1st Set of Family Destroying it: done
Make-in-Advance Dinner Items Made: done

Still to do today...

Entertain Family
Brine Turkey
Pick Up Family from Airport (round two)
Make Stuffing, Butter, Bread, Sangria
Work until it looks like everyone else has wandered off (a lot of people go to lunch and never return)

Presents: Bought yesterday, not wrapped yet! (oh yeah, since we moved I got rid of all my gift wrap, had to buy that too)
Food: Cooking bacon for the Christmas breakfast strata. Put strata together later today, will bake tomorrow morning.
Unmold soap
That's it!!! :mrgreen:

Gammon defrosting
No Christmas cards sent!
Apple pie and sweet mincemeat tarts made
House clean (no thanks to me!)
No dessert made yet, I like to live on the edge
No kids home for Christmas - sad :(

Decorations: 1 small string of lights on the yucca plant outside like a parody of the Charlie Brown tree, but not as nice
Christmas cards: hahahahahaha
Clean house? pffft I am planning on putting tinsel on the dustbunnies and calling it good. To be fair I just stuffed all the covers from my Ikea couch in the washing machine and just hoping I can dry them by tonight.
Food: Ham in fridge ready for cooking, 2 ribeye steaks ditto, beef standing rib roast in freezer, but all I want to do is order in Thai food...
Drinks: I am proud to say that we have a fine selection of cocktail fixings, craft beers and wine :D
Presents: in a pile on the dining room table completely unwrapped buried under a pile of junk mail... Except of course for the soap, lotions and lotion bars - those are all wrapped up real nice :D

Just sent off my last package and stopped by the meat store for the last of my holiday dinner shopping. Part of my Christmas gift to myself was a case of nice wine that just arrived yesterday. I feel some well-deserved day drinking coming on! It is the holidays, after all. ;-)

Decorations: Outdoor only, some candy canes and 50ft of tinsel wrapped around an oak tree.
Christmas cards: I had every intention....
Clean house: Normal status (no one coming here).
Food: COOK? HAHAHAhahahahahah package of rolls purchased for dinner I'm going to....
Gifts: All soap. Mostly handed out. Rest being given at dinner tonight and one tomorrow. Oh, did I mention I pared down the gift list depending on if I've EVER gotten anything....a card... a two minute phone call...from the person for Christmas? Amazing how many people haven't bothered reciprocating the last few years. /grinch

Am hoping someone on the radio plays Transiberian Orchestra .... enough of the hippopatmus song already!

Kids are here. Check.
Turkey on the smoker. Check
Brisket smoke flavered in smoker and ready for the oven. Check.
Kids dog terrorised the cats into the man cave. Check ( it always happens)

Decorations and cookies are up and out.
Soap wrapped for gifts. Check

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas like I am!

Decorations....not a chance! My house is the only place I can be to get away from it all. Not really a Grinch, just tired of hearing the music for the last 3+ months!
Gifts....list is short to include only very good friends. They all got soap and lotion and something knitted at a small get together last week.
Clean house...you're supposed to?!?!
Food....shrimp is peeled for friend, grilled, and dip recipes. Crab patties are made and ready for the oven. 2 loaves fresh bread made today, cinnamon toast with breakfast tomorrow. Just need to decide which and prepare veggies.
Drinks....Homemade apple pie, peach and spiced cranberry moonshine, should last the day.

Decorations...done but I have a sneaky feeling that my 7 year old has confiscated some
Tree...ornaments rearranged and clustered to the left side bottom of the tree by the kid
Cards...nope
Cookies...made and eaten, thank god my mother-in-law brought some with her!
Presents...bought and wrapped
Soapy gifts...basketed and ready
Clean house...only because my mother-in-law is here
Food...my mom is bringing the food tomorrow...easiest Christmas dinner ever!
Kid...about to watch a movie and then bedtime!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Decorations: nope
Tree: nope
Christmas Cards: ecards sent (makes my life so very much easier!)
Presents: Gift cards purchased and placed in actual cards, mailed and received.
Clean house: nope, dinner not here tomorrow
Food: Ham decorated and baked, needs glazing. Rolls baking as I type. Turkey ready to roast in morning. Hubby making stuffing in morning. I cooked sides for Thanksgiving, cooking meats for Christmas.
Family coming in January, I will do the big thing then.

Decorations and tree: Thanks daughter and grandkids... I'm not really in the spirit
Dinner: hubby has it under control... prime rib, yorkshire puddings, veggies, etc., check
Gifts: EI hasn't come in yet so one gift for each of the kids, a hand crafted spa package for my daughter, check
Christmas cards: check (except I forgot to put a stamp on my youngest daughter's card... oops)
Cookies: check (thank God for my granddaughter)
Clean house: clean enough!

Bring it on, let's get it over with. I'm looking forward to the time off, thank you very much. It's been a hard couple of months and I'll be happy to see this year leave.

Just sent off my last package and stopped by the meat store for the last of my holiday dinner shopping. Part of my Christmas gift to myself was a case of nice wine that just arrived yesterday. I feel some well-deserved day drinking coming on! It is the holidays, after all. ;-)

Just checked out your facebook page, loved the crocheted shorts pic! :lol:

Latest posts

Back