reading orris root thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justme

Reaction score
after reading the orris root thread I thought I would share an experience with all of you. I made a batch of soap adding the TD and baking soda. First wanting a white soap and second trying the baking soda as a stabilizer for the fo.

I added the td to my oils, and mixed the baking soda to my fo . Now neither of them desolved.What I got was a bar of soap that smells great but has white specks in it.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n436 ... C00002.jpg

It could be that your TD is water soluble. I had a similar experience with it when I tried blending to my oils. It just lumped, became quite sticky and never fully dissolved. When I mix it with water it blends quite well with just a slight sinking of excessive to the bottom. But I blend well just before adding to oils.

soaper41 said:
It could be that your TD is water soluble. I had a similar experience with it when I tried blending to my oils. It just lumped, became quite sticky and never fully dissolved. When I mix it with water it blends quite well with just a slight sinking of excessive to the bottom. But I blend well just before adding to oils.

This is what I am thinking. I have had the same experience. The TD said water soluble, but it turned out to be oil.

There is TD is soluble in both water and oil. Try mixing a small amount in a dish of water and in oil. See which one works. :D

Digit

Back