re-showing a soap cake I made

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
I made this last summer, it's all gone now, but I'll make another soon. It was a big hit:
just out of the cake mold (I used a silicone mold from the grocery store)

SoapCake.jpg

I made a separate 'icing' for it, and sprinkled it with shreds from other bars:

CakeIced.jpg

One slice gone. I colored the cake with green oxide, scented with 'Applejack Spice'

cakesliced.jpg

One slice: looks and smells good enough to eat.

OneCakesl.jpg

You know what they say, "You can't have your cake and eat it too!" With this cake, it looks good enough to eat, but would much rather take a shower with it! Nice job, Diane! :D

Paul... :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
You know what they say, "You can't have your cake and eat it too!" With this cake, it looks good enough to eat, but would much rather take a shower with it! Nice job, Diane! :D

Paul... :wink:

HAHA, I wish I'd thought of that line at my fall show, when people were intrigued with it, and many said they would like to eat it. It did sell well, at $5 a slice, and was fun to have around as an odd piece.

I highly recommend doing this, especially to those who are bored with their regular soap routines.

This was about 6 or 7 pounds of soap.

I figured out how much the mold holds by filling it with water while it stood on the scale. I took the weight of that and put into my soapmaker program, with the name of the mold being: soapcake.

Then I used my regular recipe, hit the 'resize' button for soapcake, and it figured it out for me. My DH and I designed this program for my own use, but it was too good not to share with others.

Hey Woodi! Did I read somewhere here you have a soap program I can buy?? I just downloaded a 30 day trial period program, not sure if it is yours, but if not would definitely like to look into yours! Could you pm me more info or send a link. thanks k

Back