Re Born Candle Maker

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starduster

Reaction score
:lol: Hello candle making addicts.
I tried to give it up.
Swore I would wax lyrical on the Art of Candle making no more.
For me,I would never sprinkle a generous amount of fairy dust over the last layer of gorgeously flicked on intensly coloured feature wax on the Wishing candles I once made and sold.
I gave away all my gear,colours,pots wax etc to a friend after selling my shop earlier this year.
But I have slipped, or is that rolled and tumbled back down to her place to pick it all up when she phoned and said she had no candle making bones in her after all.
There appears to be no known anti dote for this malady so it looks like I will just have to go with it ,and learn even more.At least I know from this forum I am not alone.
Starduster :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its a disease I swear. And I mean unless you just look at our candles you have to keep making more because they simply combust away, lol.

Slow start

So I have bought these things back up and found a place for them.O happy daze.
I have a babies bath full of old coloured wax amoungst all this so I have sat that outside in an old bath tub to await a natural bleaching process from our intense QLD sun.That should perhaps take about six months .That done I wont need to convince everyone they need black candles.As some of those colours would have required a very strong over colouring.
Anybody else bleached down the colours this way?

Re: Slow start

starduster said:
So I have bought these things back up and found a place for them.O happy daze.
I have a babies bath full of old coloured wax amoungst all this so I have sat that outside in an old bath tub to await a natural bleaching process from our intense QLD sun.That should perhaps take about six months .That done I wont need to convince everyone they need black candles.As some of those colours would have required a very strong over colouring.
Anybody else bleached down the colours this way?

Glad you bought back the goods. ;) It's too addicting,you know it's a problem when you get territorial! LOL!!!!! Just kidding :)

Munky.

Dear Wax Munky,
Have you got some cute pickies of your candles to show me?I enjoy seeing what others are up to.
At the moment I just wander down and turn over that old wax and it does seem to be bleaching down.
I have lots of dyes in that pile of candle making goodies my girlfriend gave me back but will when I start need to get all the other stuff.
In the mean time I am lost in the world or soap making that I began a couple of months ago and also love.
I am semi retired because of health issues and find these two things are flexible enough to fit in with me.
I can see my self at Ninety in quite some years off,playing around with candle and soap making and maybe they will close a bar of soap in one hand a candle in the other when I snuff it.

starduster said:
Dear Wax Munky,
Have you got some cute pickies of your candles to show me?I enjoy seeing what others are up to.
At the moment I just wander down and turn over that old wax and it does seem to be bleaching down.
I have lots of dyes in that pile of candle making goodies my girlfriend gave me back but will when I start need to get all the other stuff.
In the mean time I am lost in the world or soap making that I began a couple of months ago and also love.
I am semi retired because of health issues and find these two things are flexible enough to fit in with me.
I can see my self at Ninety in quite some years off,playing around with candle and soap making and maybe they will close a bar of soap in one hand a candle in the other when I snuff it.

I sent you a Pm. :)

Enjoy your semi retirement,you earned it.

Munky :)

Latest posts

Back