re-batching bad soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criscrispv

Reaction score
I was experimenting with milk in soap, and it did not go well, I got lots of oily spots everywhere, and I know it is not DOS, can I simply re-batch it? or would I need to add something to balance it? PLEASE HELP! don't like to throw away soap that could be harmful!

2013-09-25 09.47.57.jpg

It looks like it overheated and separated. Rebatch it and see how it turns out. If you make milk soap again, you might try and prevent gelling so it doesn't over heat.

You could try to rebatch it and then be sure to zap test it. I gel all my soaps (they all are made with milk) but I watch them carefully to make sure they don't overheat. If they start getting too hot I just uncover them. Sorry this happened to you.

If you decide to rebatch, use everything, including the oozy oily part or your soap might turn out lye heavy. You can do this in a low temperature oven or a crockpot.

thank you all! I think I will rebatch the hole lot and test the ph when ready, you have been very helpful! :)

Back