RBO/ROE Questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Countryside

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have searched the forum and I hope that I’m not asking questions that have already been submitted.

Is it correct that RBO has a shelf life of about 2 years?

Also,

From my understanding, adding ROE to my oils will help them to “keep” during their shelf life. What is the recommended usage rate? I think I read somewhere that 1% of ROE is recommended? Does it need to be added to all oils or just certain ones? I have not worked with ROE before and any pointers when using it for the above mentioned purpose would be great. Thanks so much.

Thanks so much. Don’t know why I didn’t look there first. I’ll remember next time. I can usually find answers to my soapy questions in your articles.

Reviving this thread with a quick question. Just bought 3.5kg bottles of RBO and HIgh Oleic Safflower oil from Jedwards International. I soap pretty much once a week and only make 2.5lb (8 bar mold) batches. I have ROE and have been adding just a few drops to all my batches. My question is should I just keep doing that or should I add directly to the jugs of RBO and High Oleic Safflower that I just bought. Also, if my recipe is using either of those 2 oils and I pre-treated with ROE in the jugs should I skip adding to batch oils in my recipe or is it ok to still add a couple of drops?

ETA: NEVER MIND!! - I just found the answer at the bottom of DeeAnna's article. Pretend you never read this post....:eek::eek:

Latest posts

Back