raspberry seed oil in lotion bars?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Peeps, I used raspberry seed oil for the first time tonight and made lotion bars. My concern and question is the raspberry seed oil is yellower than I thought and I'm wondering if it stains skin? My recipe:
1/3 white beeswax
1/3 mango butter
1/9 raspberry seed oil
1/9 meadowfoam seed oil
1/9 kukui nut oil
plumeria fragrance oil
vitamin E oil
Hit me up if you've used raspberry seed oil in lotions and potions. Thanks!

is the raspberry seed oil is yellower than I thought and I'm wondering if it stains skin?
Nope. I use it straight as suntan oil. 20 minutes for 3 days in the sun and my skin has a warm golden glow. Luv, luv, luv the stuff! Great for skin!

Red Raspberry Seed Oil

According to a 2000 study, raspberry seed oil offers UVA + UVB protection similar to titanium dioxide with a 28-50 SPF protection factor against UVB rays and 8 SPF against UVA rays.

Source: https://oresta.ca/blogs/whats-new/oils-natural-sun-protection

I haven't used raspberry seed oil but am wondering if anyone has used kokum butter in lotion bars?

Last edited:
Peeps, I used raspberry seed oil for the first time tonight and made lotion bars. My concern and question is the raspberry seed oil is yellower than I thought and I'm wondering if it stains skin? My recipe:
1/3 white beeswax
1/3 mango butter
1/9 raspberry seed oil
1/9 meadowfoam seed oil
1/9 kukui nut oil
plumeria fragrance oil
vitamin E oil
Hit me up if you've used raspberry seed oil in lotions and potions. Thanks!
Interestingly, I just made a gel cream with Raspberry Seed oil yesterday, testing out a HB&Me recipe. It's the only oil in the cream and, so far, I'm really liking it. No staining at all, though it did give the cream a yellowish tinge.

Back