Quantcast

Rants!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Barbsbreakingbath

Reaction score
Hoarders

Been downsizing myself, and keep asking "How did I get all this crap? How." Must end Amazon Prime. Also, no more fragrance oils. No more. Yeah right.

Steve85569

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been downsizing myself, and keep asking "How did I get all this crap? How." Must end Amazon Prime. Also, no more fragrance oils. No more. Yeah right.
Years of accumulation.
Weeks of cleaning.

6month rule:
If I have not used the item in 6 months I must sell it, give it away or throw it away. ( open bottles of FO's or EO's are exempt)

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try isopropyl alcohol. I cover and wrap my soap and CPOP it at 110 *F and haven't had much ash. But I am using a tiny spray of isopropyl alcohol on each batch now before covering and no ash so far!

Still got a huge clutter problem though.
I had to rewrap a 100 bars of soap because they werent getting any air, the wrap I was using was airtight. As i was totally bored and exhausted I just happen to look at a soap that has been wrapped for over a year with the same airtight wrap. These soaps looked good and I wondered why? The difference.....they are wine soaps. I have been wondering if the alcohol does sometime to the soap besides helping with ash.
These soaps looked as if I made they yesterday.

TBandCW

Reaction score
That's what I love about soap! They don't expire. I made some awesome (or so I thought) Christmas soap that didn't sell very well over the holidays. I boxed them up and will try selling them again this holiday season.

penelopejane

Reaction score
I had to rewrap a 100 bars of soap because they werent getting any air, the wrap I was using was airtight. As i was totally bored and exhausted I just happen to look at a soap that has been wrapped for over a year with the same airtight wrap. These soaps looked good and I wondered why? The difference.....they are wine soaps. I have been wondering if the alcohol does sometime to the soap besides helping with ash. These soaps looked as if I made they yesterday.
I don't know but are you sure it wasn't the alcoholic fumes that fuddled your brain into thinking they hadn't changed, a teensie, tiny bit?

kittensmom

Reaction score
Hmmm. Couple of thoughts... If it was good wine I would have drank it and enjoyed very drop. If it was bad wine, many the soap didn't like it either

Spice

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Couple of thoughts... If it was good wine I would have drank it and enjoyed very drop. If it was bad wine, many the soap didn't like it either
The wine soap is in pristine shape and still wrapped; airtight.

Latest posts