rant: credit fraud

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because this is 'Murcia and we like, no DEMAND, our privacy. You put a chip in our cards and the government will know where we are and what we're buying. Our tin-foil hats won't protect us!!

(Did I ever tell you that I work for the government? I do. A law enforcement agency, actually. I'm not paranoid. The government is spying on me.)

Actually, it was a requirement that companies have "chip and pin" CCT machines by January 1, 2016. Unfortunately, there are a limited number of manufacturers for that particular reader. They are back-logged into infinity from what I understand.

Our first show of the yr yesterday and boy-howdy did I have trouble with the chip reader. I'm sure once I get the hang of it I'll be fine with it. It has bluetooth and as it was reading the card I accidentally hit another item and it added another $25 to the order. Luckily I cancelled it in time, but not before a swear word came out of my mouth in front of the customer! :silent:

I will not, cannot ever forgive the IRS scammers who called the day before my mother died. We were beset with things that had to be done at that moment and I just ignored the call. She was very upset, however, and at the time we didn't know about the scams. I will go to my grave regretting that was one of things she worried about in her last day on earth and that we didn't have time, nor wherewithal, to reassure her. She was the most conscientious person I've ever known about taxes, finances, having everything to rights. How these people can prey on vulnerable seniors is just beyond the pale.

Latest posts

Back