Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're still in the grip of winter here in the beautiful Okanagan. I noticed this week that we've had visitors in our yard, of the deer variety. Normally, I assume they're in the back of the yard where there is still some vegetation. This morning, my husband noticed that one of them had come a little closer.

This was taken right out our back door (I was maybe 1' out the door) less than an hour ago.

20200208_080714.jpg

We're still in the grip of winter here in the beautiful Okanagan. I noticed this week that we've had visitors in our yard, of the deer variety. Normally, I assume they're in the back of the yard where there is still some vegetation. This morning, my husband noticed that one of them had come a little closer.

This was taken right out our back door (I was maybe 1' out the door) less than an hour ago.

View attachment 43832
Ewww! I'm ready for spring and summer! :)
Mountains got about 3 feet in the last couple of days.

This adorable kitty adopted my granddaughter and me while we were living in our tiny house in San Antonio this past winter. She became such an important part of our little family that as I was sharing photos of her and her antics, my son wanted to adopt her and keep her as his own cat. So we had a trial period of her living with them while I met up with Hubby for Spring Break this past March. And then the schools closed and we moved out of the tiny house and back into her parents house because of the pandemic and Kitty Baby never did return to San Antonio.

As it turns out, my son & DIL saw how attached Kitty Baby is to me, that they began to feel broken-hearted over our separation. Kitty Baby had walked with me everyday for the past few months and practically never left my side while we were in my son's house. So I will be returning in about a month or so to bring her home with me to Illinois. I miss her very much.

Kitty Baby profile.jpg

Sunset pic taken a couple of days ago from a window at the Billings airport. Tried to crop out as much as possible of the building on the left, and concrete below, without losing the amazing colors. Wish I had gotten one of our Idaho sky last night. The western sky looked like it was on fire, which reflected in tones of pink across the eastern sky. The clouds were dark and the air was softly humid like Hawaii. I almost remarked to my husband, "It's earthquake weather" but didn't want to sound crazy. Sure enough, we had a 4.7 around 11:15pm.

IMG_0888.JPG

Back