Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More on the Big Island of Hawaii:
At Volcano National Park on July 22, 2019

I love the patterns to be found in the lava rock.
VolcanoNationalPark2019July22_144726.jpg

One of the Sea Arches
Sea Arch at Volcano National Park 2019July22_20190722_145109-001.jpg

A couple days later in Hilo:

Rainbow Falls
Rainbow Falls - Hilo Hawaii 2019July24_155935.jpg

Banyan Tree Climber at Lili'uokalnai Park & Gardens
Banyan Tree Climber - Hilo HI - 20190July24_144229.jpg

@Dawni those things here are flies that bite, or it looks like the ones we have here.
It is pretty though :)

quit smoking so bad for you and not going to help with the Hand/Foot/Mouth. I would hate to think that it might make it go deeper in the throat or lungs.

@Dawni those things here are flies that bite, or it looks like the ones we have here.
It is pretty though :)

quit smoking so bad for you and not going to help with the Hand/Foot/Mouth. I would hate to think that it might make it go deeper in the throat or lungs.
I know :( It's just hard to not have one when you're tired and thinking about stuff... And it's raining, and there's chai haha. Cigarettes n chai just go so well together lol. I know, excuses, but really, I've been trying to cut down and I'd like to think I'm successful. I only have a couple a day, too busy for more lol.

This pretty thing didn't bite. I think. It didn't wanna leave even when I was moving my hand around lol

Pretty bug, Dawni. I wish I had a photo of this, but don't. A couple days ago, while we were still on the Big Island of Hawaii, sitting at the airport killing time while waiting for our flight, my granddaughter caught a bird in her hand and held it up for us to see. But grandpa told her to let it go, which she immediately did and I have no snapshot to share. I was amazed she could catch one at all, of course. And then of course, I did the responsible thing and made her wash her hands thoroughly with soap and water.

Here's a fun photo I snapped while we strolled in Honolulu today:

Ginger Swan Honolulu 20190728_113800.jpg

A swan emerges from within the ginger leaf. A fairy tale in the making, yes?

This is where I was last week. Man, I love this lake. The water looks like glass. This pic is unfiltered and has had no alterations. The water looks like glass, and the pic itself looks like a postcard. I love my camera for nature pics!! :) (Too bad I can't take product photos as well!!)

Turquoise Lake.jpg

This is where I was last week. Man, I love this lake. The water looks like glass. This pic is unfiltered and has had no alterations. The water looks like glass, and the pic itself looks like a postcard. I love my camera for nature pics!! :) (Too bad I can't take product photos as well!!)

View attachment 40762
Just amazing..... Where is this again?

Also.. That would make nice soap lol

Just amazing..... Where is this again?
Also.. That would make nice soap lol
Is it Lake Dillon? Excellent photography, Janel!

This is in Leadville, Colorado, where "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" (famous for surviving the titanic) made her millions. She was a silver miner, turned gold miner when the silver exchange rate tanked over night. It's also got the highest mean elevation in the entire nation, at almost 2 miles high - 10,151 feet.

Anyway the lake is called Turquoise Lake and it's one of my favorite places to be in Colorado.

I don't like Lake Dillon, Cee, it's too crowded, not fun to camp in, and seriously not near as beautiful as Turquoise is.

I remember seeing this, but the color is not True as it is enhanced. It is still colorful rocks just not That bright :)

Montana Glazier National Park

I remember seeing this, but the color is not True as it is enhanced. It is still colorful rocks just not That bright :)

Montana Glazier National Park
I wanted to search about the rocks but couldn't remember what to search for hehe thank you!

View attachment 41008
I cropped it and now can't remember where the caption said it was.. Montana? Oregon? Anyhow, I love those colorful stones.
Oh, dumb me... I thought all those colorful stones were soaps! And somebody spliced them into a photo! Wouldn't that be cool? Well, it is a cool photo any way. Thanks for sharing! :cool:

Back