Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a child, fuchsia bushes were all along the back fence in our backyard. I hated them because the spiders loved them. But it was fun to pop them open. But they grew pretty tall and bushy, at least 4 feet tall because the reached over the fence. Even though I do like the look of them, the amount of spiders that were among them still puts me off every planting any.
That sounds so pretty! That is so odd/amazing. I only ever saw them as tiny annuals. Well, you learn a new thing every day.
I felt that way about my grandma's peony bushes, except with ants. They were so pretty, and smelled so good, but the ants thought so too! Unnerving to say the least.
20160701a.jpg

Also, that fawn is just precious.

"Real" Dragon's Blood. We visited a silver mine earlier this week, and this is what was called dragon's blood. Legend, (superstition) had it that the silver/gold was guarded by a dragon deep in the mines, and these veins would show up after blasts of dynamite in the caves, so they thought it was the dragon "bleeding"

20190604_105635.jpg

20190604_111352.jpg

That sounds so pretty! That is so odd/amazing. I only ever saw them as tiny annuals. Well, you learn a new thing every day.
I felt that way about my grandma's peony bushes, except with ants. They were so pretty, and smelled so good, but the ants thought so too! Unnerving to say the least.
20160701a.jpg

Also, that fawn is just precious.

Well it depends on where you live, I guess. I grew up in a very temperate climate. In our neighborhood, there were poinsettias that grew year round and got to be quite large and bushy, which wasn't the norm at all. I mean growing them in ones yard wasn't the norm, at least there, but they can get quite huge and last for years & years in the right climate in the ground. When I visited my son one summer while he was living in Key West, I was amazed at the size and hardiness of what to me in California were only considered house plants. Many of my California 'house' plants were huge bushy luscious tropical plants all over Key West.

Peonies are beautiful, but my husband hates them for the very same reason. I wanted to plant some here, but he was adamant he didn't want them in our yard, so I just enjoy them when I see them around town.

Well, now, what teen-aged girl (or boy) wants to be the one to hold up the line onto the stage to receive their diploma? To be remembered forever as the one that caused a ruckus off-stage trying to retrieve their shoe. Maybe to be nicknamed 'Cinderella' for years to come?

I think I would have kept on going, too. Besides once the train starts moving, you just gotta keep moving along with it or you might get trampled.

How do you LOSE your Flip Flop and just keep going to the stage ?
Maybe the question we should be asking is "Who the heck wears flip flops to graduation?" Of course, I was the one who didn't dress up for my graduation. I wore a tshirt and shorts, put on a pair of nylons and sneakers... so it kind of looked like I made an effort. No one could see my clothes under the gown anyways so I didn't think it mattered. Mom was madder than a bee in a bonnet when she found out after graduation. [Back story: 4 hours before graduation my baby sister decided to jump off the neighbor's balcony and broke her arm, so they were rushing her to the ER and barely made it in time for my graduation ceremony. I took total advantage of that situation to NOT wear the stupid frufru dress my mom had gotten me...]

@amd I told my DD to wear what ever she wants. You couldn't see under it. I told her what others have worn, toga, kilt, undies, bikini, nothing....

She too wear a Be Free (planet fitness) shabby black t-shirt and black short shorts.
It's her day not mine I want her to be comfortable. I just wore my work clothes but my son wore jeans and a ruddy t-shirt and black sweatshirt over that -- OH and a baseball hat backwards :rolleyes: Oh well. I DID tell them to be 'comfortable with themselves" before bowing to the world ;)
I think it might have backfired a bit too well hahah

Too true. I've also encouraged that to my kids and my church kids - Your journey will be different, so you do you. My husband rolls his eyes, but at the end of the day he agrees that life is more fun with our personalities. [Even if those personalities are a bit OCD and brutally blunt.]

Latest posts

Back