Random Picture thread (non-soap)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow that is pretty awesome--what is it on the very top? resturuants, stores?
That's where the bar area is. There is also a swimming pool/spa area right below the bar.
This is the view from the top overlooking the swimming pool area, and the next pic is overlooking the bay/city.
It's 57 stories high.

20190405_192423.jpg

20190405_203042_capture.jpg

I love columbine, just makes me happy, almost as much as my bleeding hearts.
Um, I believe the flowers in the second pic are fuschia???Here's a pic of bleeding hearts (my dear hubby's favorite)
bleeding-heart.jpg

But I agree... my columbine and bleeding hearts are in bloom right now. Lily of the Valley too.

Last edited:
Um, I believe the flowers in the second pic are fuschia???Here's a pic of bleeding hearts (my dear hubby's favorite).
Zany, I’m pretty sure those are columbine in kaysejean’s picture. We used to have several different varieties, but something ate them years ago. I too love bleeding hearts. They remind me of my grandma.

Zany, I’m pretty sure those are columbine in kaysejean’s picture.
Yes, those are Columbine for sure... Colorado state flower... it's the other pic, dibbles, that I believe are Fuschia... also one of my hubby's faves. Columbine, Bleeding Hearts, Fuschia, Lily of the Valley are all shade loving plants -- Coral Bells too. We've always had Columbine somewhere in the yard wherever we lived. Back in the 70's we could transfer them from the foothills forested area near where my folks lived in Evergreen, CO. Now that's forbidden. We had Fuschia in a planter at the house we lived in before this one. Columbine, Lily of the Valley, Coral Bells, and Bleeding Hearts are part of the landscape here. No Fuschia tho. I don't have a good spot for them.

@Lin19687 Nice clematis! Another favorite perennial -- my favorite color too! Haven't had good luck with them in this yard tho. Tried for several years and they just never took off. :(

Last edited:
@Zany_in_CO & @dibbles
They are both Columbine, just different varieties. The periwinkle is Winky and the red is Origami.

Fushia are great too, but have a different growth habit. Not as tall and upright, they're more drapey. I usually see fushia as hanging baskets.
I'd love to try them again. The first time I bought fushia I thought they were full sun, and I kinda cooked the poor thing. Lesson learned at least.

Attachments

• 5916c8af10c54a14bcf04a97841dd54f.jpg
    5916c8af10c54a14bcf04a97841dd54f.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 21
When I was a child, fuchsia bushes were all along the back fence in our backyard. I hated them because the spiders loved them. But it was fun to pop them open. But they grew pretty tall and bushy, at least 4 feet tall because the reached over the fence. Even though I do like the look of them, the amount of spiders that were among them still puts me off every planting any.

Latest posts

Back