Rancid Palm oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoiPoloi

Reaction score
All I wanted to do was make another batch of soap! Then I opened my Palm Oil (which I've only had since mid Jan) and boy what a smell!! I couldn't quite place the smell until my daughter said "It smells like pumpkin guts." OMG, she nailed it. It smelled like carving pumpkins at Halloween. Yuck! Luckily the company I bought it from will replace it, but Wow, how weird!

My, I have palm oil that is a year old and still smells great. I keep my oils in the basement and my butters refrigerated.

I've never had any oil go bad! It was crazy! I also store my stuff in the basement where it's chilly! So weird! And I was shocked that I only had it a few months and it got like that. Oh and it was a strange shade of greenish also. Ugh!!!!

I bought it from Bulk Apothecary. They've always been great, and didn't hesitate to replace it. It was really weird!

...and no it's Palm. I used almost half of the container of it before it went south. Maybe it was Palm Oil wanting to be Pumpkin oil. Just wanted to change it's stripes!! LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back