Rainy day soaping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kisha

Reaction score
It's dark and dreary here today and I finally had a minute to make something! (Yay!) I figured I'd make my first real halloween soap, Witches Brew. Got distracted before adding the lye to the oils and forgot to line my mold, but it all worked out in the end. I managed to hand stir in 4 colors, black, purple, orange and green, after it traced to thick pudding. The scent will be very light though, Fragrance Buddy usage rate says .75! Sorry if it's a bit dark. It's raining.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1441584684.968628.jpg

No pressure, right not_ally?!! This time I am happy with the results so far. Not getting too far ahead of myself, but I had to mix colors to get exactly what I wanted. That was the first time I had to do that. There may be a few air bubbles but that's okay. I'll post cut pictures on Tuesday. That's the first available moment I'll have to cut it. Fingers crossed!!!

That is a perfect Halloween soap!!!

Oops, hit enter too soon - that is just gorgeous! I'd love to hear a description of that fragrance. My mind is trying to grasp what a witches brew would smell like... Rat tails? Eye of newt?

Well, these didn't turn out like I wanted them to, but close enough. They were still sticky when I cut them and I haven't had time to clean them up yet. The colors aren't as dark as I had hoped either. Not sure if that's from hand stirring the colors in, but they faded a bit as well. Overall, I'm okay with the results, but the scent nearly gone now. I have to add, I can smell the FO more on my hands than in the soap after wetting an end piece to see if the fading was exaggerated by ash.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1441904337.809321.jpg

Last edited:
Well, maybe the color isn't what you wanted but composition-wise that swirl is very pretty! And still very Halloween-esque!

It was supposed to be a drop swirl but the batter was a bit thick, then I used gear ties to swirl.

Back