Rainman Soaper Moments

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
So I'm looking through the FB soap groups and I come across a post asking how to manually calculate lye and water amounts for a batch. Suddenly I'm Rainman at the blackjack table, shooting sparks off my fingers as I type out a detailed explanation of how to calc it all.

This from the woman who needed a seeing eye dog, three tour guides, and a someone to repeat it 300 times, very slowly, so could understand that a 33% solution is 1/3 lye 2/3 water.

Now ya know why it's hard being me some days LOL

Last edited:
You go girl! :) It sure is a nice feeling when the moment finally arrives that you're able to pay it forward.

IrishLass :)

You go girl! :) It sure is a nice feeling when the moment finally arrives that you're able to pay it forward.

Ty and yes it was nice :)

Want a good chuckle? Immediately following hitting send on my rainman style response regarding calculating lye manually, I'm looking for my glasses. Hunting all over the house. Even accused the crazy cat of stealing them. After 30 mins of looking, I give up and sit down to watch tv, and automatically reach up and pull my glasses down into my nose so I can see the tv....

And realize they were on top of my head the whole friggin time...

#justanotherblondemoment

LOL

LOL I've done the same kind of thing, but instead of the glasses being on top of my head, they were in actually in my hand! Doh!

Ahhhhh, Gigi -- if you can teach it to another person, then you really know it. Well done!

Ahhhhh, Gigi -- if you can teach it to another person, then you really know it. Well done!
TY :) But I'm still calling it a rainman moment LOL
I can better that one... I couldn't find the glasses I was already wearing!!
Hahaha been there done that too, with my cell phone.... Hunting for the darn thing because I need a number off it to give whoever I'm talking on the actual cell phone to LOL

Back