Rainbow Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapmage

Reaction score
My DH still has my good SLR camera and he's out of town, so I had to take photos with my really old Kodak digital camera. But until I get my SLR back, here's some better pics of the rainbow soap I attempted. I would have preferred more even layers and a brighter red. The yellow bled a bit and created a halo, but all in all for a first try I guess it's okay. :)

rb.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

Whether intentional or not, I really like your take on the rainbow soap.

Re: the brightness of the red- Katie of Royalty Soaps has a rainbow soap video where she gave a tip that I would never have known- she said that rainbow colors pop more when the soap base is yellowish and left that way, rather than using TD in the base color.

Good tip! I will definitely leave the base natural or simply use colors for the entire bar and have no uncolored batter at all. Thanks!

Thank you very much. I don't have a light box so my DH made me the black backdrop from corrugated plastic that we applied black vinyl to. It works great for my product photos, and it was cheap! :D

Even though I'm a soaper, I would struggle with using those bars up. They are beautiful.

they look really gorgeous! I actually like the way the layers are done, I've seen a million rainbow soaps with perfect layers, and the top is lovely with the way it accents the white

Thank you all so much! Y'all make me feel better about the layers now and the "halo" now! :D

Back