Quantcast

Rainbow Soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

soapmage

Reaction score
My DH still has my good SLR camera and he's out of town, so I had to take photos with my really old Kodak digital camera. But until I get my SLR back, here's some better pics of the rainbow soap I attempted. I would have preferred more even layers and a brighter red. The yellow bled a bit and created a halo, but all in all for a first try I guess it's okay. :)

rb.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

Mommy

Reaction score
Whether intentional or not, I really like your take on the rainbow soap.

Re: the brightness of the red- Katie of Royalty Soaps has a rainbow soap video where she gave a tip that I would never have known- she said that rainbow colors pop more when the soap base is yellowish and left that way, rather than using TD in the base color.

soapmage

Reaction score
Good tip! I will definitely leave the base natural or simply use colors for the entire bar and have no uncolored batter at all. Thanks!

SplendorSoaps

Reaction score
Gorgeous! I actually really like the bleeding yellow. It looks like bright sunshine that you sometimes see when real rainbows happen. Nice work!

soapmage

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I don't have a light box so my DH made me the black backdrop from corrugated plastic that we applied black vinyl to. It works great for my product photos, and it was cheap! :D

cm4bleenmb

Reaction score
Even though I'm a soaper, I would struggle with using those bars up. They are beautiful.

galaxyMLP

SPONSOR
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the bleeding yellow halo. I would've thought it was international. It makes the whole bar pop since its in the center of the bar! Awesome job!

TheDragonGirl

Professional Geek
Reaction score
they look really gorgeous! I actually like the way the layers are done, I've seen a million rainbow soaps with perfect layers, and the top is lovely with the way it accents the white

soapmage

Reaction score
Thank you all so much! Y'all make me feel better about the layers now and the "halo" now! :D