Rain scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you have a favorite rain/water scent? I have an ocean scent I like but I want something more like rain or a lake; not salty, some ozone, and clean. I don't mind some floral but I don't want a lot. I was using BB Rain but really don't like how it has changed over the years. It has a sharpness I don't like and there isn't that ozone scent it used to have. I am using Elements Downpour and I like it (but accelerates) but I really consider it mostly floral. I am looking for something more unisex.

I tested Rain Barrell last year from Fragrance Buddy. I loved the scent but it was too light and faded away too soon. Is there a better one for CP soap?

Has anyone tried the WSP Thunderstorm? WSP also has a Kentish Rain. Does anyone know if is similar to the BB one?

I have drops of rain from Aztec candle. The description says floral but I did not detect much if that. It smelled like a room deodorizer to me, clean and pleasant notes. I have not tried it in soap yet though.

Another new company I haven't heard about. Have you used? How bad is the Acceleration and ricing?
No problem with acceleration or ricing and you don't need much, it's really strong. But it really does smell like petrichor. It DID turn my white soap purple.

Back