Quick Question About Adding Extracts to Emulsions...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xoticsoaps

Reaction score
Some websites list various extracts as being 'soluble in water', but I've always thought of plant & fruit extracts as additives. My question is this, when using a water soluble extract is it necessary to count it as a percentage of the water phase? Or, can I just add it after mixing the oil and water phases together since water will be in the mix anyway? :think:

I wouldn't do that if I was you. Better to be safe than sorry, and some extracts could be spoiled if they pass their boiling point.

They should be measured on their own even if just 1% or so as is the usual case, and add them to the mixed phases or even only the water phase after the water cools down

I wouldn't do that if I was you. Better to be safe than sorry, and some extracts could be spoiled if they pass their boiling point.

They should be measured on their own even if just 1% or so as is the usual case, and add them to the mixed phases or even only the water phase after the water cools down

That's kinda what I was thinking and what seemed to be demonstrated in various Youtube videos, but the videos never stated if the additives they used stated water soluble.

Latest posts

Back