Quick, Easy Hinged Wood Mold - No Power Saws

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this thread popped up again it reminded me I should give a quick update on the No-Melt Mylar I used as a liner (link in Post #11):

It's true, as advertised it didn't melt, but the side pieces did warp. I tried them twice, once as a CPOP with the soap put into the oven at 170F and turned off, and then once with the soap just sitting on the counter wrapped in blankets. In both instances, this particular product warped along the sides, creating big waves. The recipe was the same both times, and no "super heater" ingredients (i.e. honey, spicy EOs, high CO content, etc) were added, although the usual lye concentration I use is 38-40%.

Still trying to find the perfect adjustable liner, but regardless, love having his mold on hand!

Thank you!

Here it's a bit harder to get wood pieces already cut to the size you want without spending more than you want lol

But when the time comes for me to make my own wood mold I'll be coming back to this :)

You could use any excess to make lids for your new silicone loaf molds. and the mold you were making too that surely that would use a fair amount of wood on top of what it has in these instructions? I wont suggest a use for the remainders after that because you will just take it out of context and embarress me :rolleyes:

Back