Queston about my soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athena2121

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if the soap I made is okay for a pregnant woman ?
I made the soap with :
Clear Glycerin,
Grinded Oatmeal,
Oats ,
A small amount of Lavender, ( Mary Tylors Naturals, says its certified organic lavender)
Olive oil,
Organic Coconut Oil.

I would like to give it to her but I don't know if she can use it or if I should make a bar without EO ?

Attachments

• 20220115_134640.jpg
    20220115_134640.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220115_134625.jpg
    20220115_134625.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 11
Your soap should be fine, but those oats do not look ground to me. Whole oats can be very scrubby and you need to know if the person you are giving the soap to likes extra scrubby soap. Even using high amounts of colloidal oatmeal or oat flour will be more scrubby/abrasive than you think it would be. Also, when you grind your own oatmeal you probably use a coffee grinder with blades that sharpen the edges of the oats like you would salt so you only need to use small amounts of oats in soap. A good burr grinder will grind your oats finer and much nicer in my opinion. I used approx 1.5 tbs in 56 oz of soap batter and some would think it was scrubby, although most liked the ratio in my soap.

Thank you, so the soap should be okay

but the soap It has Grinded Oats mixed in with the soap base and whole Oats over top.

I honestly have a Pampered chef deluxe blender that grinds.

I put 1 TBS of grounded Oats and and a sprinkle of whole Oats over top
Am I using to much Oats in my soap?
Again thank you , I appreciate it.

I just thought it would be a nice touch and to use for dry , irritated skin For my sister in law.

Hello, I was wondering if the soap I made is okay for a pregnant woman ?
I made the soap with : Clear Glycerin, Grinded Oatmeal, Oats , A small amount of Lavender, ( Mary Tylors Naturals, says its certified organic lavender), Olive oil, Organic Coconut Oil.

I would like to give it to her but I don't know if she can use it or if I should make a bar without EO ?

You're best off avoiding essential oils in pregnancy.

Are you using a melt and pour base? You can't add very much in additives to those. Your whole oats very well may mold.

Hope

Latest posts

Back