Questions on lotion bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a 4 cup glass measuring cup to melt my hard oils. When making a hair conditioner bar I have to simmer the mix until the BTMS is all melted. I did try the microwave and had scorched BMTS all over the inside.

If you're using butters that need tempered to avoid graininess, you're less likely to hit full melting point in the microwave.

Hope
Hi, I'm new to this, can you tell me more about what "needing tempered" means please?

I'm trying to make lotion bars to but not having much luck, mainly not setting hard, and one test bar the cocoa butter went grainy, I have no idea why?

Also I'm trying to add arrow root powder or cornstarch but both seem to be sinking to the bottom when left to set and not remaining throughout the mixture evenly.

Many thanks for any help and advice.

Hi, I'm new to this, can you tell me more about what "needing tempered" means please?

I'm trying to make lotion bars to but not having much luck, mainly not setting hard, and one test bar the cocoa butter went grainy, I have no idea why?

Also I'm trying to add arrow root powder or cornstarch but both seem to be sinking to the bottom when left to set and not remaining throughout the mixture evenly.

Many thanks for any help and advice.
Here you go: Shea Butter and Other Vegetable Butters: How to Avoid Crystallization/Graininess When Melting
I've never tempered mine though and have not had any problems with graininess.

Back