Questions about piping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanctuary

Reaction score
I stayed up last night til 4:30 a.m. watching youtube videos on how people swirl their soaps and make cakes and cupcakes....they all looked divine. So I think I will try my hand at it. I would like to know how to do them but don't really know where to start.
1. I know that you make your base CP soap and then seperate them for the cake/cupcake then the frosting(s).
2. Do you let the cupcake harden and then frost?
3. Do you let the frosting thicken so that it stays on the cupcake?
4. What about the paper around the cupcake...I read somewhere that sometimes they stick to the soap? Do you leave the paper on or take it off?

There are some amazing soapers out there...I am truly impressed. I'm glad that there are some really wonderful people out there that help with advice so that everyone that makes soap can get better at their craft. Thanks so much for all of your help.

Sanctuary

This is what I've done -

Make a batch of CP, separate some out, pour soap into some silicon cupcake moulds, while its setting, beat up the remaining soap, 'til quite thick and put into a piping bag then the base should be set enough to pipe on top.
Some people make the base one day and then pipe another ( I haven't tried that). As for paper cupcakes, I found it came straight off, but I didn't leave it on for long- only until it set to keep the shape. Silicon moulds are a lot easier.

Thanks Relle9 for the info...but what do you mean by beat up the remaining soap, 'til quick thick ....do you hand beat or use a beater?,,,,,and what does quick thick mean?

I think she meant 'quite' thick rather than quick thick.

There are a couple of schools of thought about how to achieve the thickness you need for the frosting. Here are a couple of tips:

• Do not put fragrance into your frosting in order to control the colour;[/*:m:143avdwy]
  • Some people like to let the soap sit and thicken on its own;[/*:m:143avdwy]
  • Another camp will make the frosting first and let it sit while they make and pour the bottom layer which allows it to set up but you still need your base to be thick enough to hold the frosting;[/*:m:143avdwy]
  • One more camp splits it off, makes the bases and pours off then goes back to the frosting portion and will stick blend it into submission (thick enough to frost) and then frost the soap.[/*:m:143avdwy]

HTH

Sanctuary said:
Thanks Relle9 for the info...but what do you mean by beat up the remaining soap, 'til quick thick ....do you hand beat or use a beater?,,,,,and what does quick thick mean?
Typing error :roll: , I can't type as quick as my brain thinks :lol: .

This - what Lindy said - •One more camp splits it off, makes the bases and pours off then goes back to the frosting portion and will stick blend it into submission (thick enough to frost) and then frost the soap.

Thanks Lindy.

Thanks everyone for all of your info...you guys are just AWESOME!

Sanctuary

Lindy, of course I knew were psychic, I'm psychic also or is that psychotic :wink: .

Back