Questions about first craft show.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwolanin

Reaction score
I am doing my first craft show April 11th. And some of my soaps I wrapped in shrink wrap with open ends. Was it to early to do this? Now I'm wondering if I should unwrap them. But I put on the labels too ugh! I'm trying to get my set up straight and an inventory of what I'm taking. Did I jump the gun on wrapping? Or since they're open ended shrink wrap is it okay.

Also, How much change should I bring? I will be using Square for CC's. Thanks for your help!

Actually October. And I am tagging along with a friend to see whats it's like. Then we will not go back until October. Thanks for your help though.

If the soaps have had sufficient cure time(6-8 weeks if you are in a humid area), then they should be fine like that. If you notice that they have shrunk some, just reheat and re-shrink the wraps.

Yes it's a question of how long they have had to cure, and not when the craft fair is. Like Susie said you can run the heat gun over them to tighten them up if they shrink anymore.

It will come as no surprise to hear that I agree with shunt.

You should know what affect wrapping has on your soaps. People can maybe give pointers, but there are so many factors involved that the most honest answer is "you need to check".

Regardless of whether or not you intend to sell in earnest from October on, you're still planning on going and selling at this fair in April, which means you're selling after just 6 months. Based on the questions about your product that are still unanswered, I would say it is clear that you aren't ready yet.

Use this time instead to check things like how the soap reacts to things like the packaging, scent longevity and so on. You can do that without selling

Back