Question re Day-Star Soap Supplies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Aloha,
I order on a regular basis from Day-Star and this month I placed my order and it's been 16 days with no package sent and no response to emails! Anyone know if the owner Stacy is having problems?
Thanks!
Aline

Aloha!!

Just by looking at their homepage that says that they are open August 26th, 2019, and the last it was updated at the bottom of the page was in 2019 as well, it does not seem to be open any longer. When was the last time that you ordered from them?

^^that you got a delivery from them

Last edited:
Hi Kim, I ordered from her in 2020. She never keeps the website updated...

Aloha!!

Just by looking at their homepage that says that they are open August 26th, 2019, and the last it was updated at the bottom of the page was in 2019 as well, it does not seem to be open any longer. When was the last time that you ordered from them?

^^that you got a delivery from them

Last edited:
I actually just tried calling the number on the website contact page. I feel like it was a personal phone. No answer...rang about 5 times.

Don't feel like doing time zone math...I would try calling that number in like 6 hours.

edit: more like 8 or 10 hours lol

Update: Stacy did respond to my text saying she has had no internet for 2 1/2 weeks and that she would 'check her shopping cart'. But since then, nothing. Either she's going out of business or she doesn't have that FO in stock but either way the lack of communication is ridiculous.

You have to check a box agreeing that she is not responsible for packages once they leave her hands, which tells you everything you need to know about her ethics. :rolleyes:

That’s not about ethics, but that she can’t afford to replace products because you have a bad postman or porch pirates.

I agree with you that the buyer is responsible for providing a secure location for delivery and once tracking shows it has been delivered it is on the buyer to deal with a missing package. But until delivered it is the responsibility of the seller (and payment processors will back up a buyer on that). I sell online and I insure all packages worth over $30 (and take a loss on other packages that get lost in transit - which rarely happens thank goodness!).

For right now, 99% of my sales are local. I do have a wholesale account that I ship with tracking and insurance…the buyer and I split the cost. I also have a No Return Policy since I would be required by law to destroy any product returned. It’s why I tell customers to double check their order.

I've always found Stacy to be very ethical, kind, and friendly in the years I've done business with Day Star.
You DO realize that she's been dealing with her mother's critical illness (and most likely death at this point), right? And that as an only child her father needs her by his side?
I mean, we all have businesses to run, but I certainly can't blame her for putting family before business. If I were in her shoes I would make the same choice and hope that my customers would have some compassion and maybe say a prayer for my family/send good vibes/whatever rather than malign me or question my ethics during this hard time.
http://www.daystarsupplies.com/

No, I didn't realize she was having family problems and I'm very sorry to hear that. I asked her if she was OK but all she told me was that she had no internet for 2 1/2 weeks, which seemed pretty odd. I was very patient and polite with her but did end up with a bad opinion of her business practices. I shouldn't have said ethics because I suppose that is a personal judgement so I apologize for that.

Last edited:
I mean, we all have businesses to run, but I certainly can't blame her for putting family before business. If I were in her shoes I would make the same choice and hope that my customers would have some compassion and maybe say a prayer for my family/send good vibes/whatever rather than malign me or question my ethics during this hard time.

In @Aline's defense, the general public has become 'conditioned' by "big businesses". Additionally, she wasn't aware that there was a family emergency...so everyone should cut everyone else some slack.

I agree @TheGecko, but I think if it were at all possible, taking a few moments to put something on the website or a message on the phone or an automated return email would do whole lot of damage control. I just had an experience where I ordered 3 items from a small online vendor, paid with PayPal, and only 2 were sent. No phone number, they had a "contact us" dialogue type box on the website that said they would respond within 48 hours. I sent and email to the address PayPal sent the payment, and posted a message on their website and waited. Nada. Posted another message, still nada. So I opened a case with PayPal. I didn't want to, but they weren't responding to just me. The day after PayPal did it's thing, I heard from them, all apologetic, etc. No reason as to why it took the so long to respond, and I still haven't gotten the item (theoretically it's being shipped), but a simple automated message even acknowledging they got my email would have helped.

Latest posts

Back