question on PVC pipe...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallerygirl

Reaction score
I have searched and read the pvc pipe topics, but I don't quite understand the laminate paper. How do you close the seam so soap doesn't seep through to the outer part of the paper?? Also, lining the bottom as well, won't the soap seep thru there as well? Thanks k

Cut the paper just a touch longer than the inside diameter of the PVC pipe, then roll it the opposite direction of the roll it came on and insert into the tube. it will unroll and stay tight against the sides. I've used multiple layers of parchment paper on the bottom of the mold then used a rubber band or 2 to tightly secure that to the tube. There are other fancier ideas to use for a base. I've thought about making a PVC mold on a wood base and selling it cheap. Try these ideas. Others will help also.

Paul.... :wink:

I love the round bars for an alternative, but what I go thru with the pringles cans is so time consuming. I have checked out your moulds, but I will wait and do my purchasing in TN. No shipping then. They look wonderful and anything to cut down on the time of finishing is helpful. Let me know if you come up with a round mould! k

Here is what I do with Pringles.

Cut the bottom of the can off!
Put the lid on and tape it to the can with duct tape.
Turn the can upside down.
Pour in the soap.
Insulate with towel.

When it comes time to get the soap out, just push it out of one end until it comes out the other. :D

Oh, and since Pringles cans are already lined you don't need to line them.

I buy an end cap to fit the diameter of PVC pipe that I'm using, and cut a circle of laminating plastic to fit inside.

NOTE: you should still tape the end cap to the PVC pipe, otherwise it can and will come off if you pick up the pipe to move it. Ask me how I know... :oops:

Thanks everyone! I don't even want to tell you what I have been doing to the pringles can.... :oops:

Okay - used pringle cans again, this time heeding the advice above and VIOLA - PERFECT!!!!!!! :) Came right out, no creases! Thanks for all the advice everyone. Your awesome!!! :wink: k

did 3 more batches with pringles cans and did have to do the "crescent roll" unwrap - but still, they all came out without creases and were perfect.

I am just happy I am not the only one that forgot to tape the bottom.

I got to tell my hubby about that, he was not happy about my soap spill! :shock: :roll:

Zenobiah said:
Here is what I do with Pringles.

Cut the bottom of the can off!
Put the lid on and tape it to the can with duct tape.
Turn the can upside down.
Pour in the soap.
Insulate with towel.

When it comes time to get the soap out, just push it out of one end until it comes out the other. :D

Oh, and since Pringles cans are already lined you don't need to line them.

Hmmmmmm now what flavor of pringles will make the best soap bars ????

~giggles~

Awesome Idea, i'm gonna try it,
if anything it's a good excuse to buy Pringles..........

ok tonight i had to run to the store, so i picked up a can of Ranch Pringles, I hope it makes better soap than the BBQ flavored ones.....

In the next day or two I'll let you know how it goes......

I have been using the PVC pipe for molds for quited some time now. I like the round shape. It doesn't break in half when it gets 80% used like the square or rectangular ones do. I use one of the round end caps like someone mentioned above and duck tape it on. Had experience with it coming off and didn't like it. Also if just prior to molding your soap if you will spray PAM in your mold (sides and bottom) it will come out pretty easy. Don't spray your mold until just before you pour otherwise it has a tendency to run down the sides and you will probably have trouble unmolding. I tried the waxed paper thing and it was not a good thing for me.
Jim

Well, are you familiar with the Arts and Crafts style of furniture? I make accessories in the Arts and Crafts style. Some I have designed myself and they require ceramic tiles. I am very new in the tile field but I suspect my skills will grow.
Jim

Well, my first love of art is pottery. I have made tiles, both high fire and low. I have done much work with mosiacs. Table tops and panel work as well as reliefs. Cool. Do you have someplace you show your work on-line?

Latest posts

Back