[question]Goats Milk + Sulfur + sallyic acid

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueberrylolli

Reaction score
Hi, I want to make soap with goats milk, sulfur, and Salicylic acid in it. Is that possible because I know if I add lemon juice in milk it turns bad, and sulfur's an acid like lemon so can I put it in milk?

When would I add the sulfur + Salicylic acid in the soap making process?

Can I also use alternative oils like almond, macadamia, avocado in the oil base instead of coco butter chunks? Thanks

You're gonna have a heck of a time calculating the amount of lye,
much less super fat, with all that acid you're adding to soap.

i'd try to find natural remedies you can add.

lemon powder is supposed to be good for acne. if you add ground apricot pits, you'll have a very strong exfoliator. stuff like that

blueberrylolli said:
Can I also use alternative oils like almond, macadamia, avocado in the oil base instead of coco butter chunks? Thanks

You can sub any oils you want,so long as you recalc the lye. As for the other stuff? Absolutely NO idea! lol :)

bump :3

will sulfur dissolve when added during trace?
or when it's added after you remelt soap (is that even possible)

and will the effects stay?

it's okay if you don't know definite answer an educated guess backed by other types of experiences are good too. thanks!

I could be very very wrong here, but I was always under the impression that sulfur had a strong and unpleasant odor. Is this the case and if so, would the smell come thru in the finished soap? Just tossing another thing to ponder into the mix.

it does smell like rotten eggs but it could become an acquired scent xD
i was thinking 5% of the final soap weight so it might not be as bad

blueberrylolli said:
it does smell like rotten eggs but it could become an acquired scent xD
i was thinking 5% of the final soap weight so it might not be as bad

Gee,I remember taking sulfur & treacle as a teenager,& it didn't smell bad,had hardly any smell at all.It was a fluffy powder,pale yellow,perhaps it's something different :?I think that it was called flowers of sulfur?

Back